Conditions for the Hire of NEASHAM READING ROOM
- The Hire Charge includes the use of tables and chairs and may include the use of kitchen facilities which must be left clean and tidy after use.
- Bouncy Castles are not allowed unless previously agreed with the Reading Room, dependent on the size of the bouncy castle.
- The maximum number of people permitted to use Neasham Reading Room is 100. This number includes catering staff, organisers, guests, etc.
- If a Hire requires the sale of intoxicating liquor, it will be the Hirer’s responsibility to apply for a Temporary Event’s Notice from Darlington Borough Council, who will ask for 21 working days’ notice for a Temporary Event. For more information and advice, please contact Darlington Borough Council Licensing Team. The Hirer must discuss this aspect of the booking with Neasham Reading Room. No bar extensions are allowed.
- Entry to the building will be at an agreed time. Neasham Reading Room and the Hirer will agree;
- start time which will include a minimum of an hour before the event is planned to start to allow for time to set-up and prepare for the event;
- bar closing time;
- event end time for the Hire to allow for time to clean up and return the space to its original setting.
- It will be assumed that the bar will close at 23.00 and the premises cleared by 23.30.
- A booking may be subject to cancellation by Neasham Reading Room at any time. Should this be necessary, the earliest possible notification will be given.
- The Hirer is responsible to Neasham Reading Room for orderly conduct in the premises and for any damage, injury or loss which may be caused to the premises or to any article of equipment belonging to the premises. The Hirer, by completing and signing the Hire Form:
- Undertakes to reimburse or pay all costs, charges and expenses which may be incurred by Neasham
Reading Room as a result of, or consequence of, any damage, injury or loss occurring during the Hire.
- Agrees that Neasham Reading Room’s decision re: the amount of any costs, charges, expenses or value
shall be final and binding on the Hirer. Estimates / invoices will be made available to the Hirer.
- Undertakes to indemnify Neasham Reading Room against any claim which may be made by third parties arising out of the hiring of Neasham Reading Room.
- Neasham Reading Room will make the Hirer / responsible person aware of the Emergency Exits, Fire Extinguishers / First Aid Boxes and Book. The Hirer must make individuals aware of these.
Parking Neasham Reading Room (Postcode DL2 1PH) is situated in Neasham village at the start of Sockburn Lane near the crossroads of Teesway, Neasham Hill and Dibdale Road. Sockburn Lane is a narrow road and is not suitable for parking so please park on Teesway. There is no parking behind the Reading Room.